Report a Problem Tree

Do you need the City of Orlando to trim a tree in the public right-of-way?

Report unhealthy trees and trees that need trimming to help keep our public roads safe. 

Keep in mind:  

  • To use this service, the problem tree must be within city limits.
  • It is recommended that you hire an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist for inspections.
  • For dangerous issues that require immediate attention, please call the non-emergency line at 321.235.5300.


Step 1.Identify the problem

Examples of a problem tree can include, but are not limited, to the following:

  • A tree has fallen and is blocking the public right of way
  • A tree has low hanging branches
  • A tree looks dead or diseased
  • Broken tree limbs are hanging over a street or sidewalk and requires immediate attention
  • Tree branches are blocking a street light

Step 2.Report the tree problem to the city

The city will not trim:

  • Crape Myrtles
  • Limbs growing over private property
  • Trees near power lines
  • Trees not growing in or blocking the public right-of-way

Report a Problem Tree

Step 3.We will schedule an inspection

An inspection will determine if the tree is in the public right-of-way and if it should be trimmed or removed. We will then send you an email with the final decision and provide a general time frame of when the work will be completed.