Request Approval for an Event with Alcohol on Private Property

Do you want to sell alcohol during a temporary/special event on private property? 

If you are selling or catering alcoholic beverages, you will need a Zoning Official’s letter of determination before hosting your event. This letter will help you meet the city’s special event requirements and will ensure the safety of your guests and neighbors.

If your event (on private or public property) will involve more than 100 people and will take place on city property, street, sidewalk or will impede a City right-of-way, request an 18A Special Events Permit for a large outdoor event.


Step 1.Understand the rules

City ordinance requires a letter of determination to sell alcohol during a special/temporary event on private property within city limits.

You will need to provide: 

  • A site plan
  • Evidence of the property owner's approval of the event
  • A State of Florida Alcoholic Beverage License (ABL)

Step 2.Create a site plan

Your site plan should show locations of the following, if applicable:

  • Parking and number of spaces available for staff and customers
  • Special event area boundaries
  • Stage, including a description of outdoor speakers
  • Restrooms/porta potties
  • Vendor tents and/or trailers
  • Food trucks
  • Trash carts
  • Vehicular and pedestrian access points

Step 3.Get the property owner's permission

You will need to provide a written letter from the property owner stating that they approve your event. 

Step 4.Tell us about your request

Determination letters must be requested at least 30 days in advance of the event.

Fill Out the Form

Step 5.Make a payment

You will be provided a link via email to pay your $275 application fee.

Step 6.We'll review your request

We will review your application and contact you if we need additional information.

Step 7.Receive your letter of determination

The approval process takes up to 2 weeks. We will email you the letter of determination including any conditions of approval.