Request a Permit for a Large Outdoor Event

Do you want to host a large outdoor event? 

An 18A Special Events Permit is required when events involving more than 100 people will take place on city property or will impede a city roadway.


Step 1.Gather your information

You will need: 

  • A copy of your government-issued ID
  • The event's site plan or proposed route

Step 2.Request an 18A Special Events Permit

Complete the online application.

Note: If a temporary structure or alcohol will be in the street, or if there will be vending on city property, the application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event and be approved by City Council.

Submit Your Request

Step 3.We'll review your request

We will review your application and contact you if we need additional information.

Step 4.Make a payment

When prompted, you can pay the permit processing fees (and street closure fees, if applicable).

Step 5.Receive your permit

The approval process takes about 60 days. When your permit is fully approved, we will email it to you.