File a Complaint About an OPD Officer

Has an OPD officer acted improperly?

The Orlando Police Department is committed to unbiased policing in all its encounters between police officers and citizens. Our goal is to deliver courteous and professional police service to the citizens of Orlando. OPD policy provides guidelines for officers to prevent biased policing and reinforces procedures that maintain public confidence and trust through the provision of services in a fair and equitable fashion.

Contact Supervisor

Contact the officer's supervisor

Call 321.235.5300 to make a complaint directly to an officer’s supervisor.

A case will be assigned

The supervisor will contact you in an attempt to resolve the situation.


Contact Internal Affairs

Step 1.Contact Internal Affairs

If you feel the complaint is too serious to be handled by the supervisor, you may call our Internal Affairs Section at 407.246.2352, between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Step 2.Download, print and fill out a complaint form

Citizen Complaint Forms are available in:

Step 3.Get your form notarized

If you do not have access to a Notary Public, we can notarize your form at Orlando Police Headquarters at no cost.

Step 4.Send us your notarized form 

You can send us your form in one of three ways: 

  1. Email
  2. Mail to:
    Orlando Police Department, Attn: Internal Affairs
    P.O. Box 913 Orlando, Florida 32802
  3. Drop off the form in person to OPD Headquarters on 1250 West South Street.

Step 5.We will investigate your complaint

An Internal Affairs investigator will complete a thorough report regarding the complaint. All formal investigative reports are reviewed by the employee’s chain of command for approval and recommendations. 

Step 6.We will contact you

You will be informed of our findings by certified mail.

Step 7.Attend (optional) a meeting with the Citizens’ Police Review Board (CPRB)

The Citizens’ Police Review Board (CPRB) will review all formal case reports and notify the Chief of Police of its recommendations. You will be invited to attend and address the CPRB concerning your complaint.