City Council Meetings
Next Scheduled Meeting
Learn more about City Council Meetings
City Council Meeting October 19, 2020 at 2 p.m.
The next virtual meeting of the Orlando City Council will be held on Monday, October 19 at 2 p.m. Agenda Review will be held at 1 p.m. prior to the meeting.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing efforts, the City of Orlando City Hall is closed to the public.
There is no physical location to attend this meeting in person. Members of the public are encouraged to participate.
Agenda Review will not be live streamed. If you wish to view the meeting, please use the "to join the meeting" instructions below.
Watch the meeting live
- City Website at orlando.gov/watchonline
- City YouTube page
- Orange TV channel 488 (subject to interruption)
After 4 p.m., the City Council meeting can be watched on the following channels:
- Vision TV Channel 492 on Spectrum (formerly Bright House)
- Channel 98 on Comcast
- 1082 on CenturyLink Prism TV
- 10.3 Digital Over the Air
- Orange County Government's arts, information and education network.
Members of the public wishing to be heard on a proposition before Council must submit a written request to speak to the City Clerk's Office.
To provide public comment, determine the type of appearance you wish to make:
- Consent Agenda Item: Council meets in session prior to the Council meeting to discuss the upcoming agenda. The Agenda Review meeting is the only designated time for public input on Consent Agenda items. During the Agenda Review meeting, you may speak once and address all your remarks regarding Items A-K and Items 4-6 (CRA/NID/OPEB). Live, or Written comments in advance, may be provided. Requests to speak must be submitted by 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting.
- Public Hearings: Your comment must relate to a public hearing as noted on the agenda and may be addressed at the Council meeting during discussion of that specific agenda item. Live, or Written comments in advance, may be provided.
- General Appearance: Items that are unrelated to a specific agenda item may be addressed at General Appearances. Only live comments may be provided. Requests to speak must be submitted by 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting. Note: General appearances are limited to 5 minutes each, although if there are a large number of requests to speak, Council may reduce the time allocated for each speaker.
Submit a written request to speak by selecting one of the following options:
- Complete an online comment form on orlando.gov/councilcomment
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail to City Clerk, Public Comment 400 South Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32801, or
- Drop off to the 1st floor Security Station at City Hall.
Live public comment
The Council is pleased to hear all non-repetitive comments on Consent Agenda Items or Public Hearings. When you are recognized, state your name and address (business or residential street name are acceptable), direct all your remarks to Council and limit your comments to a total of 5 minutes per item or as set by Council. Large groups are requested to name a spokesperson. Pursuant to Robert’s Rules of Order, if a speaker yields the floor before their time expires, the remaining time is waived.
Instructions to prepare for virtual meetings are available by downloading this guide(PDF, 35KB).
To join the meeting:
Webinar ID: 820 9324 3458
- Click to join the meeting
- Telephone, use one of these numbers
Written Public Comment
Written public comments must include your name, address, phone number or email address, and topic. Comments are limited to a maximum of 700 words per item.
To submit written public comment, select one of the following options: (1) complete an online comment form on orlando.gov/councilcomment, (2) email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (3) mail to City Clerk, Public Comment 400 South Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32801, or (4) drop off to the 1st floor Security Station at City Hall. Written public comment received by 9 a.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed to Council and attached to the related agenda item for public viewing. Comments that do not include the required information will not be distributed or attached to the agenda. All comments received are public record.
Appellants and Parties to Appeals and Quasi-Judicial Hearings
Appellants and Parties must submit their documentary evidence and presentations to orlando.gov/councilcomment by 5 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. Documentary evidence and presentations received by the 5:00pm deadline are distributed to Council and attached to the related agenda item for public viewing. Items received after the deadline will not be considered at the meeting. All items received are public record.
Robert's Rules of Order govern the conduct of the meeting.
Anyone requiring assistance to participate in this meeting should contact the City Clerk's Office as soon as possible at 407.246.2251 or email@example.com.
The City of Orlando is committed to reasonably accommodating the communications needs of persons with disabilities. Persons with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to participate in this virtual meeting should contact, at least 24 hours in advance, the City Clerk’s Office at 407.246.2251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who desires to appeal an official decision made at this virtual meeting, if an appeal is permitted by law, may need to obtain a verbatim record of the proceedings that includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is based.
City Council Calendar
About City Council Meetings
Council meets as necessary in work sessions to receive updates and presentations on projects taking place in the city or matters that may go to City Council in the future. Work sessions are informative only, no official business is determined during these meetings.
Council meets in session prior to the City Council meeting to discuss the upcoming agenda. Agenda Review is the only designated time for public input or testimony on the Consent Agenda portion (items A-K) that will be appearing at the 2 p.m. City Council meeting agenda.
Consent Agenda Item Appearance Request
Anyone wishing to address the Orlando City Council on matters related to the Consent Agenda/CRA/NID/OPEB may do so by completing a Consent Agenda Item Appearance Request Form on orlando.gov/councilcomment.
Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official city business. Members of the Orlando City Council are the Mayor, elected at-large, and six City Commissioners who are elected from respective districts.
General Appearance Request
Anyone wishing to address the Orlando City Council may do so after the regular business of the meeting has ended and may complete an Appearance Request Form at orlando.gov/councilcomment.
Office of City Clerk
400 S. Orange Ave., Second Floor
Orlando, FL 32802-4990
Hours: Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.