The design for Hicks Avenue from South Street to Anderson Street consists of a two-lane road with a shared use path on the east side and a sidewalk on the west side. Other improvements include:
- Raised intersection at Hicks Avenue and Anderson Street
- Raised crosswalk on Hicks Avenue north of McDevitt Street
- Wastewater pipe replacement on Hicks Avenue
- Stormwater pond on Hicks Avenue, with tree plantings
- Marked crosswalk on South Street between Hicks Avenue and Terry Avenue
The project also includes converting Terry Avenue to one-way northbound, from Anderson Street to South Street, and realigning it to connect directly with Terry Avenue on the north side of South Street, to improve traffic operations.