NNO Theme Contest Judging Criteria
Participants of the National Night Out Theme Contest are judged by the following criteria on a scale of 1 to 4, with 4 being the highest.
Use of Theme
- Does the party outline fully promote the theme of Orlando's NNO?
- Does the theme flow throughout the party outline?
- Does the theme of the party reflect careful planning?
- Has the party outline demonstrated a new approach to the delivery of the message?
- Creative slogans, party name, games that promote the theme, etc.?
- Does the party outline and supporting documents indicate the use of creativity (i.e. colors, graphics, flyers, posters, etc.)?
- Does the party outline include activities for children and/or seniors?
- Does the party outline indicate party planning and coordination involved various members of the community?
- Does the party involve a local business or merchant?
Crime Prevention Usage and Education
- Does the party outline include crime prevention verbiage?
- Does the party outline seek to educate neighbors on crime prevention techniques?
- Does the party outline indicate plans for training or distribution of brochures?
- Is the party outline self-explanatory and easily understood?
- Are all lettering, signs and diagrams neat and accurate?
- Are lettering, signs and diagrams appropriately used or do they clutter or confuse?