Report Expenditure as a Lobbyist

Do you need to file a lobbying expenditure report?

The city requires lobbyists to submit all lobbying expenditures involving City Council, staff decision makers, and/or City boards for the preceding six-month period.

In Person

Step 1.Understand the requirements

Expenditure reporting must:

  • Be submitted on or before February 1 and August 1 of each year.
  • List all lobbying expenditures involving City Council, staff decision makers and/or City boards for the preceding six-month period (January-June, July-December).
  • Include the source of the funds and an itemized amount expended for each member of City Council, staff decision makers, and/or board members.

Lobbyists who have incurred no City lobbying expenses during the preceding period are not be required to file a report.

Lobbyists who fail to file reports on or before the due date, in addition to other possible penalties, will not be permitted to engage in any lobbying activity until their reports are current.

Step 2.Understand the prohibitions on lobbying of board members

Lobbying of the members of all City boards by lobbyists is prohibited outside of open, posted public meetings. However, lobbyists may provide written documents and information to the Recording Secretary of any city board for dissemination to all board members in advance of any city board meeting. Lobbying at public meetings is subject to the registration and reporting requirements. The prohibitions and requirements are in addition to the City’s Public Works and Procurements and Contracts Division policies, which prohibit proposers from any communication with Council members, selection committee members and City staff (with the exception of the assigned staff member), regarding the procurement process until a final award is made.

Step 3.Fill out the City Clerk's expenditure report form

Download, print and fill out the form below:

Lobbyist Expenditure Form(PDF, 75KB)

If you represent multiple agencies as a lobbyist, you must submit one expenditure report form per agency.

Step 4.Bring the form to City Hall

Bring your expenditure report form filled out in person to:

City Hall
Office of the Clerk
400 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801

Step 5.We will file the expenditure submissions at the Office of City Clerk

The Office of City Clerk will hold the filing submissions for storage and open for public inspection.