Because education opens doors and eliminates barriers to opportunity, the city designated nearly 15 acres of Creative Village for UCF Downtown and Valencia College Downtown.
The Creative Village provides residents with a cradle to career pipeline all within a five-minute walk of a resident’s home. This pipeline not only ensures those who need access to this opportunity can have it, but also that they stay in Orlando, growing our local professional talent pool.
The new campus, which opened in August 2019, serves nearly 7,700 students in digital media, communication, public services and health-related programs along with Valencia College’s world-class culinary and hospitality program, a partnership with Walt Disney World.
UCF Downtown and Valencia College Downtown includes:
- 148,000 square foot academic building, Dr. Phillips Academic Commons
- 15-story UnionWest student housing development with 640 beds and 105,000 square feet of educational space
- A new 580-space parking garage for UCF and Valencia students and faculty
- Renovation of the 115,000 square foot UCF Communication and Media building
- UCF is leasing a 600-space existing parking garage from the city.
For a full list of programs offered at the downtown campus, please visit ucf.edu/downtown or valenciacollege.edu/downtown.
In 2019, Valencia College also opened a new facility in Parramore (400 West Pittman Street) to host its Accelerated Skills Training Programs which prepare residents for high-demand, higher wage careers in a short amount of time. For more information, please visit valenciacollege.edu/ast.