On Wednesday, September 6, 2023, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer will join District 5 City Commissioner Regina I. Hill and District 6 City Commissioner Bakari F. Burns to celebrate the completion of Raleigh Street roadway improvements with a ribbon cutting ceremony. This transportation infrastructure project, spanning from South Kirkman Road to Willie Mays Parkway, creates a safer and better-connected transit ecosystem by alleviating traffic congestion and furthering pedestrian access. Project highlights include:
- Expanded roadway with additional left turning lanes,
- Enhanced pedestrian safety with new crossings and new traffic signals at Deerock and Kozart Streets,
- Three new pedestrian safety islands along Raleigh Street between Frazier and Broome Avenues,
- Added a 12-foot bike-friendly and walkable multimodal pathway and
- Upgraded underground drainage systems to help prevent flooding.
These roadway improvements further the city’s goals to create a connected community and enhance residents and visitors' quality of life through innovative, safe and efficient mobility options.
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Near the corner of Raleigh Street and Deerock Drive.
Media parking will be available in the parking lot of the Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida at 5055 Raleigh Street.