Orlando Employees Raise More Than $425,000 through Workplace Giving
Last updated on January 27, 2020
January 27, 2020 - Orlando, Fl – Thanks to the generosity of City of Orlando employees, Mayor Buddy Dyer and City Commissioners have made check presentations totaling $425,346 in donations to over 500 charitable and religious organizations. Through the City of Orlando’s annual Workplace Giving Campaign, 946 city employees, or 30% of all city employees, pledged 1% or more of their salary in the 2020 fundraiser.
“I am continually impressed by the compassion our employees continue to exhibit to the community through the Workplace Giving Campaign,” said Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. “Year after year our city family continues to go above and beyond and through their generous donations and efforts; our employees are making a tangible difference in some of the most critical issues facing Central Florida.”
Some local contributions included donations to:
- Orlando Firefighters Benevolent Association, Inc. – to support the health and welfare of firefighters and their families during times of hardship.
- Orlando Community & Youth Trust, Inc. – to support community programs that enhance the quality of life for youth, families and senior citizens living in Orlando.
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida, Inc. – to help families and individuals return to stable, permanent homes as quickly as possible.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, Inc. – to fight hunger in Central Florida by providing food and other grocery products to those in need.
- Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando – to improve the welfare and well-being of dogs and cats in Orange, Seminole and Osceola Counties through animal care and veterinary medicine.
Donations went to charities of the employee’s choice and major organizations including Strengthen Orlando, Inc., St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and Orlando Police Heroes Foundation, Inc.