Orlando Announces Additional Free Mobile COVID-19 Testing Site
Last updated on July 01, 2020
City of Orlando Announces Additional New Free Mobile COVID-19 Testing Site at Camping World Stadium
The City of Orlando will open additional, free mobile COVID-19 drive-thru and pedestrian-accessible testing site beginning next week. Locations for the additional mobile testing sites were selected based on data from Orlando’s data tracker (Orlando.gov/datatracker) to target locations where a higher number of positive cases has been reported. Located within city neighborhoods, sites will also provide enhanced access for pedestrians and users of other forms of mobility, like biking and public transportation.
The mobile testing sites operate on Wednesdays, and rotate to a new location in the city on each operating day. There is no symptom criteria for testing, however, appointments are required, individuals must be 18 years or older and show a valid Orlando or Orange County ID.
Orlando and Orange County residents can make an appointment by visiting orlando.gov/covid19testing.
COVID-19 TESTING SITE WHEN & WHERE:
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 – 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. – Camping World Stadium, 1 Citrus Bowl Place
(Appointments open on Thursday, July 2)
COVID-19 Testing Site Details:
- Testing will be done with no out-of-pocket cost to the Orlando resident.
- The site will use a nasal swab test that will allow medical first responders from the Orlando Fire Department to administer the test while individuals remain in their vehicles.
- GENETWORx will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health. Results are typically provided after five days.
- If residents don't get a call within seven days in regards to their test, they can visit www.covid19resultsfl.com or contact the GENETWORx Lab at 850.583.2419.
- Individuals who are tested and awaiting results, should follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in the home and community.
- Please note, testing is not available inside Neighborhood and Community Centers.