Commercial container service for garbage collection is priced based on volume. We provide containers ranging in capacity from two cubic yards up to eight cubic yards and pickups from one to six times per week.
Our commercial customers have the opportunity to work with a multitude of private hauling companies.
Rules and regulations
All commercial establishments shall be charged a minimum fee per month for refuse collection services within the City of Orlando. This fee will be adjusted according to the level of service provided as set by City Council. Exceptions to the minimum refuse charges shall be made only with an approved contract from an authorized roll-off franchise company for roll-off compactor services.
1. Safe and accessible container locations, as approved by the city, shall be provided by the owner/occupant of the establishments needing container collection. Containers shall be located a minimum of 6 feet from the buildings, overhangs and any other objects to prevent damage during the dumping process and comply with Fire Department regulations and City Code. When used, a container enclosure shall be 12 feet wide by 10 feet deep (clear inside dimensions) with a 12-foot opening when the gates are open. Each gate shall be equipped with a positive stop rod to hold the gate open.
2. City containers shall not be moved without the express permission of the Solid Waste Management Division.
3. All raw garbage shall be placed in leak-proof containers before being placed in city containers for collection. Liquid waste is prohibited in city containers. All loose paper or other materials that pose a “fly-away” hazard during the dumping process will be placed in sealed containers (tied bags) prior to being deposited in the city container.
4. No hazardous, infectious or industrial waste shall be placed in city containers. This includes waste cooking oils/grease, major auto parts and large items that hang outside the perimeter of the container. Tires are prohibited from being placed into the city container and the customer will incur an extra disposal fee of $25 for each tire found in a city container.
5. Care, cleaning and sanitation of city-owned containers is the responsibility of the establishment(s) using the assigned container(s). Steam cleaning of city containers is available upon request for a fee.
6. City employees will not be required to collect refuse stacked above the side panels of the container, which would prevent the lids from closing. City employees may remove material stacked above the side panels and set it aside in order to safely dump the container. They will not reload the material removed.
7. Material stacked in front of or around a container, which prevents the container from being safely emptied, shall constitute a “blocked container” and will not be dumped until the material is relocated by the establishment(s) assigned to the container. An extra dump charge will be charged to the appropriate establishment assigned to the container.
8. Solid Waste Management Division supervisors may authorize a chargeable extra dump for containers found to be overflowing.
9. Any container that is believed to have not been emptied on the scheduled day must be brought to the attention of the Solid Waste Division within 24 hours of the scheduled dump day or the next regular business day.
10. To schedule an extra dump for a container please contact the Solid Waste Division. The fees for extra dumps, compacted waste and construction material are established by City Council. To schedule and extra dump, you may call us at 407.246.2314, during regular business hours, (Monday thru Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., with the exception of city holidays) or you may email your request to SWbillingsvc@orlando.gov.
11. Containers that are inaccessible due to obstructive parking or other reasons beyond the control of the Solid Waste Management Division may require a chargeable extra dump before the next scheduled collection day. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the container(s) are not blocked on the scheduled collection day.