Request a Road Closure for Construction Work

Do you need to close a road, sidewalk or other area of the public right-of way for your construction work?

The city allows road closures during construction activities in order to ensure public safety.


Step 1.Check your eligibility

Make sure the road you want to close is located in the city limits.

Verify the Location

State or county road closure permits may also be required. Email for more information.

Step 2.Gather your information

You will need to provide: 

  • The exact location of work performed, including the street name and intersecting streets
  • A description of the work you are doing
  • A start and completion date of your work 
  • Barricade company contact information. If you need a barricade company, you can contact:
  • Flashrite, 407.834.0408
  • Bob's Barricades, 407.855.7186
  • MOT Plans Inc., 407.724.4282
  • Acme, 407.253.4337
  • Safety Systems Barricade Corp., 305.591.2689
  • Sunbelt Rental, 407.294.1967

Step 3.Submit a Temporary Traffic Control Plan (TTCP)

Your barricade company should email the plan to at least one month prior to your construction work. 

Step 4.Fill out application

You will need to provide right-of-way permit and other permit numbers, if applicable.

Complete the Application

Step 5.We will contact you

We will review your application within three business days and contact you with a status.

Step 6.Notify residents and businesses

You will need to notify affected residents and businesses of the road closure at least two weeks prior to your construction work.

Step 7.Close the road

Your barricade company is responsible for closing the road during your construction.