- The contractor shall provide a Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) who is responsible for initiating, installing, and maintaining all Traffic Control Devices.
- The TCS must be available on a 24-hour per day basis, participate in all changes to traffic control and review the project on a day-to-day basis.
- The TCS must be present during the initial setup of the traffic control plan and all subsequent phases or changes to the traffic control.
- The TCS must immediately correct all deficiencies.
- The contractor must ensure the TCS be available on site within 45 minutes of notification of an emergency situation and is prepared to respond to and correct the traffic control or provide alternate arrangements for corrective actions.
- The TCS must be responsible for performing weekly, daytime and nighttime inspections of all traffic control devices, traffic flow, and pedestrian, bicyclist movement through the work area and business accommodations.
The city may disqualify and remove a traffic control supervisor from the project who fails to comply with these provisions. The city may also suspend all work activities until corrective actions have been completed.