Gateway Orlando originally started as a Business Council in 2008 established by Commissioner Tony Ortiz, was incorporated as Semoran Business Partnership in 2010, and adopted the Orlando Main Streets program in 2012. Since its founding, Gateway Orlando has been a significant part of District 2, evolving into a community of businesses whose economic and cultural impact remains substantial to the growth of District 2.
As a non-profit organization, their purpose is to help businesses along the Semoran Corridor grow and prosper. They do this by helping member businesses build connections with the surrounding community and with each other. With more than 500 businesses and 8,000 households along the Corridor, the business impact for members is substantial.
Resources provide ways to promote members’ businesses and attract new customers. This includes a mobile app, which is available for free download to local residents and visiting tourists. Gateway Orlando also works every day to build awareness of the Semoran Corridor throughout Central Florida, while improving safety in the area and promoting beautification projects to improve the experience for both residents and visitors.
An example of their neighborhood beautification efforts are the banners they have installed along Semoran Blvd. This program gives members a way to promote their businesses and support the area while also creating an identity for the organization, helping to draw potential customers and clients to District 2.
- Supported and backed by the City of Orlando
- Outreach programs directed towards the entire community, including businesses
- Focus on business development in addition to business connections
- Offer assistance with the promotion of members’ businesses in the area to residents, other businesses, and visiting tourists
- Epic movie theater advertisement specials
- Opportunity to be featured in the Welcome to Orlando Show (podcast and online video)
- Opportunity to place business logo in boulevard banners
- Opportunity to Host Business of the month event
- Vendor Discounts at Gateway Orlando events
- Exposure at community and networking events
- Ad opportunity in newsletter
- Assistance with city permitting questions
Join Gateway Orlando at one of their Connection Core Group meetings. There’s no cost to attend, and bringing business cards is encouraged. For meeting dates, times and locations, visit www. gatewayorlando.org and look under the “Events” tab.