Do you want to make minor changes to your historic property?
To protect the city's historic districts and landmarks, our Historic Preservation Board offers guidance to help you get a Certificate of Appropriateness and necessary permits.
Minor review projects include:
- Fences and gates
- Small signs
- Walkways and steps
- Mechanical and irrigation systems
- Small accessory structures less than 100 square feet
- Paint color (where required)
- Paving materials and artificial turf
- Roofs (color where required)
- Window replacement
- Siding replacement
- Foundation skirting and stabilization
- Exterior lighting
- Doors and garage doors
- Solar installations
For more comprehensive projects, you must apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness for Major Review.