Do you or your child want to learn to swim?
Every summer, the City of Orlando offers swim lessons taught by Red Cross certified instructors. Courses are available for the following age groups:
Swimming instructions for ages 6-months to 3-years-old. The program gives parents information and techniques to help orient their children to the water and to supervise water activities in a safe manner. Parent/Adult accompaniment in the water is required for infant and toddler levels.
Swimming instructions for ages 3 to 5-years-old.
Swimming instructions for ages 6 to 17-years-old. There are six levels of Learn to Swim classes for this age group.
Swimming instructions for adults 18-years and older.
How Much Does It Cost?
Each course costs $40 for city residents, $50 for non-residents.
Policies and General Information
- Summer program schedules permit only one make-up class after a minimum of two rain-outs.
- Proper swim attire is required. Infant and pre-school children must wear a tight-fitting swimsuit or a swim diaper (not a regular disposable diaper) to enter the pool.
- Absence from classes may inhibit a child’s ability to advance to the next course level.
- Please be on time. Tardiness affects everyone!
- REMEMBER: Children’s ability to learn skills differ from each other. Be patient and encourage your child as much as possible. Also remember to practice and keep skills sharp.
*Please Note: All dates are subject to change