Shingle Creek Trail
The Shingle Creek Trail is a regional multi-use trail that once completed will connect the City of Orlando, Orange County, Osceola County and the City of Kissimmee.
The trail is twelve feet wide and contains suburban and rural landscapes located adjacent to the Shingle Creek waterway. The trail starts at Eagle Nest Park, north of The Mall at Millenia, and runs south to Oak Ridge Road, east of the Orlando International Premium Outlets. The newly completed 2-mile expansion extends the trail from Oak Ridge Road to Sand Lake Road where it meets the Orange County trail section, which extends from Sand Lake Road to Destination Parkway near the Orange County Convention Center.
- Two-mile loop around Lake Fran, offering scenic views of the lake.
- The southern portion of the trail is suburban in nature and provides a direct connection to the International Drive Tourist Corridor.
- The newly opened extension to Sand Lake Road includes two overlook points which provide the perfect opportunity for photos and wildlife viewing.
- Eagles Nest
- Florida Center
- Florida Center North
- Kirkman North
- Kirkman South
Number of Bicyclists/Pedestrians on the Shingle Creek Trail:
Count period: April 23, 2019 – March 24, 2020
- Average Daily Ridership: 140
- Average Weekday Traffic: 140
- Average Weekend Traffic: 139
- Weekly Average: 978
- Monthly Average: 4,252
A bicycle and pedestrian counter is located at the trail bridge over the Shingle Creek canal between Conroy Road and Vineland Road. These counts only reflect the number of users that walked/biked in front of the counting device.
Download the Trail Map(PDF, 7MB)