Downtown South Neighborhood Improvement District Advisory Council
The Downtown South NID Advisory Council is currently preparing a Master Plan to identify services and capital improvements that could potentially be funded through a levy and/or special assessment on property within the district, if approved by referendum.
The Downtown South NID Advisory Council is responsible for “Minor Decisions,” such as:
- preparing an operating budget, neighborhood improvement plan, capital improvements plan, financing plan, and annual report of district activities for review and approval by the Board of Directors;
- applying for and receiving grants;
- monitoring and providing comments regarding planning, zoning and development proposals affecting Downtown South;
- providing recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding “Major Decisions”; and
- contracts under $250,000, subject to the annual budget.