Our city’s strength and resiliency is tied to the involvement of informed residents. It’s why I am excited to offer this unique opportunity to learn about how our city is working to serve you.
- Mayor Buddy Dyer
What is the Mayor's City Academy?
The Mayor’s City Academy is a civic engagement program that takes you inside local government to learn how city departments serve residents every day.
How long is the program and when is it?
Mayor's City Academy is a 11-week program.
Starts: February 20, 2020
Ends: April 30, 2020
Sessions are on Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at different locations throughout the city.
Why take part in MCA?
- Get exciting behind-the-scenes access to the second fastest growing city in America.
- Tour city facilities like Camping World Stadium, Water Conserve II and Fire Station One.
- Meet the people who make our city run, from the people on the ground picking up your garbage to the people who write policies.
- Become an expert in city operations, programs and services.
- Discover volunteer opportunities to become an active member of the city family.
- Network with other engaged residents just like you.
- At graduation you’ll receive a certificate and a photo with Mayor Buddy Dyer.
- Dinner will be provided each night.
Apply to the Mayor's City Academy