Do you want to make minor changes to your historic property?
To protect the city's historic districts and landmarks, our Historic Preservation Board offers guidance to help you get a Certificate of Appropriateness and necessary permits.
Minor review projects include:
- Fences and gates
- Small signs
- Same-for-same replacements of gates, fences and driveways
- Walkways, steps, siding, roofs and doors
- Mechanical and irrigation systems
- Small accessory structures less than 100 square feet
- Paint color (where required)
- Paving materials
- Roof color (where required)
- Foundation skirting
- Exterior lighting
- Garage doors not visible from the right of way
- Solar installations on commercial properties
For more comprehensive projects, you must apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness for Major Review.