This program is for individuals charged with possession of cannabis (also known as marijuana) or cannabis paraphernalia in violation of s 43.95(2) of the Orlando City Code. This is a civil infraction punishable by a fine of up to $500.
It is NOT available for individuals who have been charged criminally under s. 893.13, Florida Statutes.
Your case will be deferred for a period of 30 days from the date of acceptance into the program.
To remain in the program, you must:
- Refrain from any violation of federal, state or local law. You may not possess any illegal or controlled substance, including cannabis, in violation of Florida State Statutes or Municipal Ordinance. If you are arrested or charged with a crime while in the program, you are subject to automatic revocation.
- You must associate only with law-abiding persons.
- Immediately inform the Orange County Clerk of Court of any change, or anticipated change, in your residence. It is solely your responsibility to maintain a valid address during the course of diversion. All notices, summonses or other mail will be sent to your current address. If you fail to appear in court due to paperwork being sent to an old address, you may be found in default, and judgment may be entered against in you in an amount not exceeding $500.
The Orange County Clerk for all City of Orlando cases is located at 425 North Orange Avenue, Room 250, Orlando, FL 32801
- You must select to complete either the substance abuse education class or eight (8) hours of community service. Community service may only be performed at a city-approved community service provider. For your convenience, a list of pre-approved community service providers is available on this website. If you would like to perform community service at a different location, you must contact the city prosecutor and obtain written permission. Permission will only be granted for nonprofit organizations.
You may contact the City Prosecutor’s Office by telephone, email or mail.
Mail: 1250 West South Street, Orlando, FL 32801
- You must agree to forfeit any contraband or paraphernalia seized in conjunction with this case.
Failure to abide by any of the terms or conditions of the diversionary program will result in your revocation from the program. Participants may also be removed from the program for additional good cause.