The course aims to foster relationships between the police department and parents. The purpose of the academy is to:
- Partner with parents through providing education about youth violence and the effect it has on youth development.
- Raise awareness regarding the critical role effective parenting plays in preventing youth violence.
- Provide parents with education regarding the social and mental health of our youth, and various factors that lead to criminal activity among youth.
- Provide parents with resources through partnerships with other local agencies that provide support and counseling for youth.
- Assist parents with strategies to promote positive interactions with youth.
Keep in mind: No bags of any kind will be allowed into the building except a purse. All purses are subject to search for weapons. All participants will be subject to a “pat down” search for weapons.