Request a Special Event Road Closure

Do you want to use a road, sidewalk or other area of the public right-of way for your special event?

 The city allows road closures for permitted special events in order to ensure public safety.


Step 1.Check your eligibility

Make sure the road you want to close is located in the city limits.

Verify the Location

State or county road closure permits may also be required. Email for more information.

Step 2.Gather your information

You will need to provide: 

  • A copy of your government-issued ID
  • The event's site plan and proposed route identifying all road/sidewalk closure locations
  • Barricade company contact information. If you need a barricade company, you can contact:
  • Flashrite, 407.834.0408
  • Bob's Barricades, 407.855.7186
  • MOT Plans Inc., 407.724.4282
  • Acme, 407.253.4337
  • Safety Systems Barricade Corp., 305.591.2689
  • Sunbelt Rental, 407.294.1967

Step 3.Request an 18A Special Events Permit

Complete the online application. You don't need to create a login or get an account number.

Note: If a temporary structure or alcohol will be in the street, or if there will be vending on city property, the application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event and be approved by City Council.

Fill Out the Application

Step 4.We'll review your request

We will give you ID and View numbers to track the progress of your permit. We also will email status updates as your permit moves through the approval process.

Step 5.Make a payment

When prompted, you can pay the permit processing fees (and street closure fees, if applicable) online via credit card.

Step 6.Receive your 18A Special Events Permit

The approval process takes about 60 days. When your permit is fully approved, we will email it to you.

Step 7.Submit a Temporary Traffic Control Plan (TTCP)

Your barricade company should email the plan to at least one month prior to your event.

Step 8.Notify residents and businesses

We will provide the documentation to notify affected residents and businesses of the road closure. You should distribute the materials at least two weeks prior to the event.

Step 9.Close the road

Your barricade company is responsible for closing the road on the day of your event.

Depending on the event type and size, additional city staff may be present.