As part of the Future-Ready City Master Plan strategy to provide better internet connectivity to residents and bridge the digital divide, we have launched a one-year WiFi hotspot and tablet checkout pilot program to provide residents with the opportunity to checkout a device, at no cost, for a two-week time period. These devices will allow residents the opportunity to be connected to employment searches, online education and job training or to connect with friends and family virtually.
City of Orlando residents can now check out free WiFi hotspots or tablets at select neighborhood centers. These devices will connect you to:
- employment search and networking websites
- digital resources
- and more
The devices are free and available to be checked out for two weeks at a time, with a one-week waiting period before your next opportunity to check out again.
Participating neighborhood centers have a limited quantity of devices and check out is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Checking out a device
- Visit one of the participating neighborhood centers listed below to complete a check out form and agreement.
- You will need to provide some form of identification at time of check out to verify:
- You reside within City of Orlando limits
- You are 18 years or older