Wednesday, June 15 – Pulse Tragedy Road Closure Update
Last updated on June 15, 2015
We are encouraging residents and all drivers to avoid the area surrounding Pulse Nightclub. If you live in the area or are reporting to work or an appointment at any of the medical offices or Orlando Health campus, please refer to the following street closure update:
- Orange Avenue remains closed southbound from Pennsylvania Street to Muriel Street.
- Traffic heading southbound on Orange Avenue from Downtown must turn right on Pennsylvania Street.
- Traffic traveling westbound on East Kaley Street from Delaney Avenue must turn right on South Orange Avenue.
- Traffic heading southbound on Orange Avenue from Downtown will encounter soft closures at Gore Street and Miller Street. These soft closures are unmanned and indicate local traffic only and no trucks.
- Eastbound traffic on Kaley Street is not permitted between Cook Avenue and Hollenbeck Drive
- Westbound traffic on Kaley Street is not permitted between Orange Avenue and Cook Avenue
- Traffic heading northbound on Orange Avenue towards Michigan Street will encounter soft closures at Michigan St. and Grant St. These soft closures are unmanned and indicate local traffic only. Orange Avenue is closed at Muriel Street
Businesses in the SODO shopping plaza are open for business. Access is available from Division Avenue to West Grant Street or West Michigan Street to Taylor Avenue to West Crystal Lake Street.
Businesses on Orange Avenue from Kaley Street to Harding Street that remain closed are:
- Connect PCS cellphone Repair
- Dunkin Donuts
- Einstein Bagels
- Game Face Tattoo
- Liberty Tax
- 1 Celebrity Barbershop
- Orlando Pro Care
- Pavlik Professional center (2010-2014)
- Pavlik Chiropractic
- Standup MRI of Orlando
- Orlando Foot & Ankle Clinic
- Orange Physical Therapy
- Pavlik Yoga
- Pro Tint
- Radio Shack
- Stand Up MRI of Orlando