Community to Honor Victims of Pulse Tragedy at Candlelight Vigil Today
Last updated on June 19, 2016
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, State and Local Elected Officials Join the Community to Honor Victims of Pulse Tragedy at Candlelight Vigil
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer will join with the Orlando community and state and local elected officials and leaders including Florida Governor Rick Scott, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs, District 4 Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan and Orlando Police Chief John Mina for a community vigil and candlelighting ceremony to honor the victims of the Pulse tragedy.
Sunday, June 19, 2016
6:00 p.m. – Music begins
7:30 p.m. – Program begins
Lake Eola Park Amphitheater
101 North Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer
Florida Governor Rick Scott
Former State Representative Joe Saunders
Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs
District 4 Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan
Orlando Police Chief John Mina
Parking will be available in the following garages for a reduced rate of $4:
- Courthouse, 46 East Amelia Street
- Library, 112 East Central Boulevard
- Central, 55 West Central Boulevard
- 55 West, 60 West Pine Street
- Jefferson, 62 West Jefferson Street
OTHER TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:
- LYNX and LYMMO will be running extended hours through midnight.
- LYNX shuttles will also be available every thirty minutes.
- Visit GoLynx.com for locations and full schedule.
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is operating SunRail trains Sunday, June 19, starting in the evening and into the night, for those traveling to and from a community candlelight vigil planned at Lake Eola in downtown Orlando. This comes at the request of the City of Orlando.
- Train Schedule:
- The first train departs DeBary southbound at 5 p.m., making all stops on the way to the Sand Lake Road SunRail station.
- It then returns northbound from the Sand Lake Road station, making all stops to DeBary. There are five round-trip trains total, with the last southbound train leaving DeBary at 10 p.m. and then making a return northbound trip at 11:15 p.m. from the Sand Lake Road station.
- Service is expected to conclude with the last stop at the DeBary station after midnight.
- Regular fares apply.
- For a full schedule, please visit www.SunRail.com or
- Road closures for Sunday night’s candlelight vigil at Lake Eola Park will begin at 3 p.m.
Media parking and staging will be at Fifth Third Bank at 200 East Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32801,
Overflow media on Robinson Street near the intersection of Rosalind Avenue and Robinson Street.