Developments receiving other City of Orlando tax incentives are not eligible for this incentive program.
This five-year pilot program provides a performance-based, one-time rebate incentive for participants who achieve LEED Silver or greater before receiving the tax increment rebate. For qualifying projects, we will provide the following tiers of incentive for one year in real property tax rebate on the city portion of the new tax increment generated by the project:
- Tier I - LEED Silver receives 50% tax increment rebate
- Tier II - LEED Gold receives 75% tax increment rebate
- Tier III - LEED Platinum receives 100% tax increment rebate
Note: If multiple structures are built on the property, the incentive will apply only to the incremental property appraised value of the LEED Silver+ certified structure.
- The program has a cap of $2,500,000 in tax rebates awarded during the five-year program
- No single project shall receive more than $250,000 from this program
- No agreements shall be approved after December 31, 2025
- No incentive payments shall be made after June 30, 2030